Home Water Filtration Systems
There is nothing more trivial than drinking tap water. We do it every day, unaware of how dangerous it might be. Over 2.000 chemicals are found in tap water in the United States and various other countries, with only 5% of them being safe. One way to ensure one’s health and safety is to install a water filter.
But there are so many types of water filters and filtration systems out there! How can you choose the one that fits your budget, home, and lifestyle the best? Have no fear, help has arrived.
As well all know, it’s easy to go to the store and buy the first, the most appealing filtration system you see. However, it won’t properly filter out the exact chemicals that appear in your tap water and will leave you exposed to the diseases lurking inside. Do you want to play the game of chance and risk something as valuable as your health?
My Pure Water will not let you take that risk. We can help you with water filter and softened installation. Order the high-quality water filtration systems we supply and drink your water with peace of mind.
Before buying a home drinking water filtration system, test the water quality and identify what types of water filters are suitable for your home first.
To do so, you need to take the following steps:
- Test the quality of the water to find out what chemicals it contains (you can test it on your own, or request a water quality report from the city administration).
- Learn what home drinking water filtration systems will eliminate the precise chemicals from the water.
- Identify which filters fit your house and budget.
- Determine the water contamination sources around the house and get rid of them.
Know Your Water Quality and it’s need for filtration
To decide on which of the best home water filter systems you should buy foremost, you need to learn what chemicals you are dealing with. So how do you test water quality? It’s not like you can pour a glass of tap water and test it in your home laboratory (unless you have it). There are several easier ways you can do this.
First, if you live in a city or town, you are using communal water. If that’s the case, you can contact My Pure Water who will gladly test the quality of your water supply for you and, voila! You’ve got the report.
If you are using a private well, it will be trickier. The easiest way – though not too precise – is to look at the contents, smell and taste it. Pour some water in a glass and see if it looks or smells weird. The water should be crystal clear. If it is cloudy or has visible distinct particles – something is wrong.
Another sign is a weird smell or taste, which are consequences of high levels of iron, sulfur or chloramine; one of the most common water quality problems in the many countries.
Lastly, you can grab yourself a water quality test kit online or in the store. These kits can identify several chemicals from iron to chlorine and determine the hardness of the water and the level of contamination.
They come with a set of strips, that will change colour when submerged into the water if there is any kind of chemical present. Yet, how did these chemicals and impurities get into the water and how do they affect this water type? Also, how can you filter water at home?
Why is Your Water Polluted?
Not every home drinking water filtration system will work perfectly for your house because of the unique impurities of the water in your area. Those impurities are determined by the water source and distribution medium.
Water travels miles from its origins, through an infinite number of pipes and water tanks before it reaches your home. It contains pollutants and bacteria from lakes and rivers, bore wells and seawater.
It filters them along the way, yet they use various chemicals in the process – that’s why you get that chlorine taste. Identifying the chemicals in your water is an easy way for you to find the best water filtration system for a home.
Identify Your Water Type
Another advantage of getting a commercial lab chemical water report is learning your specific water type. Basically, it tells you if your water is hard or soft. Hard water is the least suited for drinking, as it contains high levels of specific substances such as lead, heavy metals, and arsenic. This water will make you ill in no time.
Yet, the best water filter systems for the home or, preferable purifiers, can turn the hardest, most dangerous water into a perfectly safe, drinkable liquid. Soft water is safer, but it doesn’t hurt to run it through a water filter, to ensure its safety.
Now that you know all the dangers of contaminated and hard water, one question remains: how do you filter water at home? Here’s where the water filters and purifiers come in.
The Difference Between Water Filtration and Water Purification
Now that we know the importance of a water filter installation service, it’s time to make sure you choose the right type for you at My Pure Water. We offer a variety of systems and whatever you choose, it will be top-quality. We also want to provide all the information so you can make an educated decision.
There are so many types of water filters, water filtration systems and purifiers on the market. But what’s the difference between them? Strictly speaking, they clean the water of different biochemicals and impurities. Water filters are more suitable for soft water, as they can only eliminate large particles like bio-organisms, ground, and sand.
Home water filtration / purification systems, however, clean the water of chemicals and bacteria found in hard water. Both can be portable, or installed on tap, on your water tank, or boiler. Yet, there are several types of water filtration, and water purification methods.
Methods of Water Filtration and Purification
- Activated alumina-water filter is one of the most convenient water filter systems for a house. They install this filter on the sink pipes and uses aluminium oxide to remove some heavy metals like arsenic and selenium.
- A filter with activated carbon – probably the best affordable water filter system for the home, if you have soft water running through your pipes: they are usually cheap and do not need a power source. They use activated carbon, which removes bio-organic materials and chlorine.
- Ceramic filter – portable and long-lasting filters have installed ceramic water filters. Small pores stop bio-organisms from leaking through.
- Reverse Osmosis Filter – a rather serious investment, although it is one of the best water filter system for home, as it clears the water by pressuring it through a permeable membrane. It can turn salty water into a drinkable liquid. To better understand the inner workings and learn the benefits of using My Pure Water filters, visit our Reverse Osmosis Filter guide. We take great pride in providing the best product out there. As you learn more about our service and policies, you will know why.
- Ultraviolet water purifier – some of the best water purifiers for home, UV purifiers are most potent at killing all the bacteria and viruses; making the water clean and free from potential diseases. However, you must install an extra water filter, because it does not clear the water of tiny particles.
Most Common Filters, Filtration and Purifiers for Home Use
So, we’ve looked at the different filtration and purifying systems, and know how they’re used. Yet, it still doesn’t answer the question: what filter should you buy? Here is a list of the most effective, affordable and easy-to-use filters for your home.
- Water Filter Pitcher – the most common option you can find out there, though it’s slow. A pitcher looks like a tall kettle made of two parts: the top part usually has an activated carbon filter; the bottom collects the water that runs through the top.
- Kitchen Faucet Water Filter – evident by its name, this filter is installed on the tap faucet and cleans the water before it runs out of the tap. It is only suited for long faucets, because of its relatively large size.
- Counter top Water Filter – the countertop is a separate device that is connected to the water supply and cleans water on its way out. Usually, it comes with a separate faucet, meaning, you’ll end up with two separate water sources on your sink: a usual one for washing dishes, and another one that provides drinking water.
- Under the Sink Water Filtration System – naturally, an under the sink water filtration system is installed, well, under the sink. It is non-portable, but it can purify large quantities of water at a high speed.
- Whole House Water Filter System – the most expensive yet effective filter system which is connected directly to the water tank and cleans all the water that comes into the house. Order Full house Filters at My Pure Water and thus, you will take a proactive protective measure on behalf of every member of your family. Sometimes it is worth making a splurge, especially for your health. After as little as two to three hours, your home can be fully equipped to protect you from harmful chemicals.
Prices of Water Filters
Naturally, home water filtration systems come at different prices. It depends on the filtration method and the amount of water the filter can process. If you are looking for a simple home drinking water filtration device, that doesn’t produce a lot of clean water, portable pitchers with activated carbon or ceramic filters are the best water filters for the home, in the low-price range.
If you live in an area with extremely contaminated and hard water, get a water purifier for your home. Choose under the sink home water filtration systems or even the whole house purifier. Technically, the whole house filters and purifiers are the safest, most reliable and hands down the best water filter systems for the home.
However, they are expensive and hard to install. I’d recommend using this kind of home water filtration system only if you live in a very rural area and primarily use groundwater.
My Pure Water offers a range of water filters depending on your budget and needs. We did our best to make sure our prices are affordable without it affecting the quality. Order 3-, 5- or 6-stage system and enjoy the benefits of having clean water.
Having clean, safe water in the house is a recipe for a healthy life. Invisible and dangerous particles and bio-organisms living in the water can cause several diseases and may be harmful to your health in the long-term.
My Pure Water provides several both affordable and high-performance home water filtration systems, suitable for any level of water contamination. Without breaking the bank, you’ll be able to find the ideal option for the specific needs of your home and family.